Please upgrade your browser.
R2 Gallery 2020 Proposals
76 South 4th Street
Carbondale, CO 81623
United States of America (the)
Room Number: R2 Gallery Space
PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING.
(1) Carbondale Arts is seeking proposals for gallery exhibitions for the 2020 calendar year. We strive to showcase a balance of exhibitions that reflect the various aspects of the Roaring Fork community and beyond: a mix of emerging and established artists, solo and group shows, opportunities for educational experiences, and new ideas and techniques perhaps not previously seen in our gallery.
(2) Proposals may be for an exhibition of your own work, or a group show (juried or invitational) you would like to curate. Two and three dimensional works, as well as video installations, will be considered. Email at least 5 images of proposed works or installations with your application which would be consistent with the style of work shown. We request that artists limit participation in group shows every other year, and propose solo shows every five years. Be sure to send a separate email with your (preferably high resolution) images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) We host eight to ten exhibitions a year in the R2 gallery, sometimes more if exhibitions only take up one of our two gallery rooms. Exhibitions are typically on display for about three to four weeks. You may view and download photos of the R2 Gallery online by clicking this link. To see examples of past exhibitions hosted by Carbondale Arts, please visit our website.
(4) Group exhibitions will be assigned a "curator" (typically the individual(s) who propose the exhibition). The curator will be the liaison between the artists (if a group show) and the Carbondale Arts Gallery Manager, working closely to gather and organize information leading up to the exhibition.
(5) A nonrefundable administration fee of $10 is now required to submit R2 Gallery proposals which helps cover costs associated with preparing the proposals for the jurying process. As a nonprofit organization, Carbondale Arts relies solely on memberships, sponsorships, and other donations to keep our programming and gallery shows running throughout the year. You may submit more than one proposal, but each one should be submitted separately (do not combine multiple proposals into one application).
(6) Applicants must review the Carbondale Arts’ Gallery Protocol for further details regarding R2 Gallery policies and procedures including sales commissions, a gallery floor plan with measurements, shipping, and insurance. This document is available as a PDF on our website, as well as at our office located inside in The Launchpad at 76 South 4th Street in Carbondale, CO.
(7) Deadline for receipt of 2020 calendar year proposals is May 1, 2019. Proposals will be reviewed in May and June, and all applicants will be notified of the status of their proposal (accepted or not) no later than mid-July in 2019. Further details will be required from finalists before scheduling 2020 exhibition dates.